Categories
Archive
Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

DIY Cork-board Makeover

Thursday, October 10, 2013
I have been working on making this cork board DIY in my head for a while and finally got around to it. This is a really simple way of updating your jewelry boards or cork boards. I have been working in class on a project that inspired me to create this cork board project. I really enjoy how it turned out and I love the little pop of color it adds! 

What you need: 
Cork-board
Acrylic Paint
Paint Brush 
Potato 
Knife



This is my original cork board. I just use push pins and hang up all my necklaces on it.  





Step 1. Slice Potato in half.  (this step is if you want to use a stencil. I actually started with the stencil and quit about half way through because I felt it was easier to freehand it.  





Step 2. Cut your design into the potato and remove outside edges.

Step 3. Choose your color pallet. 









.Steps 4&5. Paint onto the potato and stamp your pattern onto the cork.


That's It!! this is my finished board!







 Here are some extra ideas of DIY corkboard makeovers I found online:






















Post a Comment